Friday, January 8, 2010

Call for Creations

The holidays are over and it's time to break my silence.  Hello weaving world!  What did YOU make over the holidays (woven or other)?   I have not done too much weaving over the past month.  I finished a rug (that i forgot to take a picture of) and currently have a runner on the loom as a wedding gift for a dear friend.  Other then that I did a LOT of sewing, some quilting and some knitting.  Send me some pictures of what you are currently working on or something that you recently completed.  I would love to post them.

Here are just a couple of the projects I made over the holidays.


I made this skirt and another in a different color for my niece and daughter.  The pattern is from Seams to Me , 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing by Anna Maria Horner.  It's a darling little book with wonderful, colorful projects.  I found it at Half Priced Books and it's so lovely!



This runner started out as a gift for someone else but I liked it so much that I gave it to my sister instead.  The material is a bunch of repurposed stuff from my stash and then I appliqued the circles on the ends and turned them into flowerish decorations.


I got really good at making french knots.

So that's a little bit of what I did, what did YOU do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment