Tuesday, October 13, 2009

State Fair Weaving Winner

Emily Nie of the Madison Weavers Guild did WHI and her Guild proud at the Wisconsin State Fair.  Emily managed to take home two 1st place, one 2nd place, one 3rd place, one 4th place and the coveted Best In Show ribbon.  Emily came to WHI after winning a membership at last years State Fair.  She has been weaving for 20 years and used to teach at Beloit college.


Here's Emily with her woven dog coat. A couple nights previous to taking this I was woken up by my dog, whimpering and shivering on the bed.  She has a short coat and does not handle the colder temperatures very well.  I covered her with a blanket, decided to knit her a sweater and went back to sleep.  If I can WEAVE her a sweater all the better.  Maybe we can get Emily to share her pattern with us.  I'll have the best dressed Pit Bull in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment