Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Taking it to the streets

Back in July ABK studio decided to "represent" at Milwaukee's Gallery Night.  I took one of the studio table looms (hereafter designated the marketing or traveling loom) to the Third Ward and set up by the fountain off  Broadway.  It was a lovely evening and I was able to weave from 6 to 8ish, when it started to become hard on the eyes.  Besides being nervous and not having any signs out, I thought it went very well.  I was able to hand out some bookmarks for the weaving center and talk to a wide range of people.  It is difficult for strangers to approach and I realize that they never quite new if they should throw some change in my basket.  Yes, I did have a basket but it was only to hold my necessary tools. Next time it will be easier  and who knows?  Maybe next time I won't be alone.
(note to self: remember to never wear your hair like that again.  did you even comb it?) 


  

1 comment:

  1. can't wait for the next event.. maybe center street daze we can weave there, maybe art walk we can we in front of the house.. however i will not be weaving in the streets in january...

    ReplyDelete